WHY VOLUNTEER? People volunteer for many reasons, but one of the most well-known benefits of volunteering is the impact it has on the community. By giving of themselves volunteers improve the quality of life for all of those around them. Volunteer work is both important and necessary, often serving as the glue that holds a community together. However volunteering is not only beneficial to others, but it also provides the volunteer with the reward of giving of him or herself.
Top 10 Reasons to Volunteer
1. To honor a volunteer who made a difference in your life.
2. Make your community a better place to live, work, and play.
3. Meet new people and make new friends.
4. No one else can do your part in giving back to the community.
5. Some of your best friends and people you admire volunteer.
6. Volunteering isn’t nice – it’s necessary.
7. Volunteers help solve community problems.
8. Spend quality time with your family by volunteering together.
9. It’s the right thing to do.
10. Volunteer organizations very much need the help volunteers provide to them.
FOR MORE INFORMATION ON VOLUNTEERING AT THE SCHROON-NORTH HUDSON HISTORICAL SOCIETY PLEASE CLICK ON THE LINK (little blue box in right corner) TO THE LEFT AND DOWN LOAD OUR VOLUNTEER INFORMATION FORM AND MAIL IT BACK TO OR DROP OFF AT THE HISTORICAL SOCIETY AT YOUR EARLIEST CONVENIENCE!
Create your own unique website with customizable templates.